Interested in helping Rhyl FC move forward with its awarding winning Football in the Community Programme?
Full Details below:-
Person Specification: Head Community Coach
Department: Rhyl Football Club in the Community
Responsible to: Managing Director
Salary: Hourly rate based on experience/ qualifications
Hours: Part Time
Location: Rhyl / Surrounding Areas
Closing Date: On going
Purpose of role:
To deliver on a number of programmes ran by Rhyl FC in the Community. This person will be expected to work across all the different focus areas within the Community .
To support community teams and school groups, working with them closely to improve performance and provide enjoyable experiences in sport and physical education. Role may also include encouraging underrepresented groups or young people to participate in sporting activities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• To deliver fully inclusive PE / coaching / outreach sessions to a wide range of local schools, local clubs, community groups and other organisations.
• To maintain effective records of work undertaken with beneficiaries for the purpose of monitoring and evaluation. This will include registers, case studies and any other records.
• Develop grassroots football through delivering coaching sessions in schools and community settings.
• Making sure equipment and environment is of a satisfactory standard.
• To maintain a high level of professionalism and enthusiasm during any activity.
• Liaise with schools, teachers and parents.
• To represent Rhyl FC in the Community at any relevant activities/events.
• Any other duties that are deemed to be appropriate for the post holder
Key skills and experience required
• Certificate in Coaching Football
• First Aid Qualification
• Knowledge and understanding of child protection issues including holding a current Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate
• An accepted Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service)
• Experience in working with Schools.
• An good understanding of PE and sport premium for primary schools
• Have knowledge and understanding of child development and be sensitive to children’s needs
• Willingness to work weekends and evenings
• Own transport essential
• UEFA B
• Level 3 Certificate in Supporting the Delivery of Physical Education and Schools Sport
• An appreciation of Long Term Player Development
• Knowledge and understanding of working with young players
• Ability to work in a team environment
If you are interested in this position please send a CV with a covering letter to: Mike Jones, Managing Director, Rhyl FC, Corbett Sports Stadium, Grange Road, Rhyl, Denbighshire LL18 4BY or email email@example.com